top of page


Hello viewers, here we are going to share some important information about Canada Work Permit with you all.

You all must have so many questions…. How to get a Canadian Job? Am I eligible or not? How many years I can stay in Canada? What is the processing time? Will I be eligible for Canada PR? What documents are required? So we will guide you about all the information in detail.

You can get a Canadian work permit in two ways:

1. Open work permit

2. Employer specific work permit

1. Open Work Permit:

You may be eligible for an open work permit if,

- You are an international graduate student.

- Applied for permanent residence in Canada.

- You are a dependent of someone who applied for permanent residence in Canada.

- You are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member.

- You are a temporary resident permit holder.

- You are younger workers participating in special programs.

2. Employer Specific Work permit:

Employer specific work permit with Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).

You may be eligible for the employer specific work permit if,

- Your age is 22+

- You have completed your H.S.C.

- You have work experience of at least 1 to 2 year.

- You have no record of any criminal activity and submit a police clearance certificate.

- You must have good health and take a medical exam if required.

By following these steps you can get your permit to work legally in Canada.


1. You need to submit your Updated Resume/CV. (For assessment/evaluation)

If you want to check your eligibility then you need to submit your latest resume with all the information (updated education details, work experience and age).Our processing team will check with Employers and vacancies in Canada related to your profiles and revert on that with an EVALUATION LETTER.

2. Evaluation Letter

After 7 to 10 days, you will get an evaluation letter in which you will get all information like National Occupation Classification Code, Skill Type (A, B, C, D), Salary, Location, Designation, Roles & Responsibilities and any other details relevant to your Vacancy or post.

3. Registration

If you are satisfied with all the details in the Evaluation letter, then you can register with KAPRISAN. After Registration, you have to specify all the previous Visa details, rejections and Biometrics details.

4. Documents Submission

After Registration, you need to submit all the required documents as per the Checklist provided to you in soft scanned copy at particular office. (Documents mentioned below)

5. Lawyer Verification

Your documents are verified by our team and then sent to RCIC registered lawyer, where all your docs will be verified again and our team will contact you in case of any queries.

6. ESDC Approval for LMIA

ESDC stands for Employment and Social Development Canada; It is a Canadian government body which verifies all the details of the employer (Company) and the employee (applicant-you) for LMIA approval.

7. PCC

You need to get your positive character certificate by getting Police Clearance Certificate.

8. LMIA Approval Letter (60-90days after ESDC verification)

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada may need to get before hiring a foreign worker. A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job. It will also show that no Canadian worker or permanent resident is available to do the job. A positive LMIA is sometimes called a confirmation letter.

9. Work Visa File Submission.

After your LMIA approval, your profile for Work Permit is created on the official Canadian government website and your application is submitted.

10. Biometrics Submission. (Biometrics Instruction Letter)

After Work Permit application, your Biometrics Instruction Letter is issued using which your Biometrics appointment is scheduled.

11. VFS Appointment. (Passport Request)

Your Biometrics appointment is scheduled at a Canadian Visa Application Centre (VAC) near your location.

12. Approval / Rejection

After submission, Canadian Embassy processes your application as per official processing time on the Canadian website. After processing, your application is issued with Approved or Rejected status.

13. Passport Submission at VFS.

With Work Permit approval letter, your passport submission is scheduled at VAC.

14. Finally, you will get the W1 Visa sticker.

- After the positive result of your application for Canada work permit you will get the W1 visa sticker with a validity of 2 years.

- If your work permit is about to expire or you need to change, you must apply to extend or change the conditions on it. For that you have to apply at least 30 days before your current permit expires.

- For that you'll have two options, either you can extend the permit for next 3 to 4 years or you can apply for Canada PR if you want to stay in the same country for a long time period.


If you want to apply for Canada PR after work permit, you must qualify under one of the permanent resident categories.

- You must meet the required language levels for language ability (IELTS).

- You must have at least by working in Canada under the temporary resident status.

- You must have the Educational credential assessment of your educational certificates.

Benefits of Canada PR:

1. Allows you to bring your family along.

2. Free High quality Education for children

3. Universal Healthcare

4. Social Benefits

5. Road to Canadian Citizenship

6. Freedom to move outside Canada (Multiple times)

7. Freedom to start a Business

8. Safe & Secure Environment

9. A multicultural and welcoming society

- If your permit expires while it is under process, you can legally stay and work under the same in Canada until your application is approved (If you have an employer specific work permit) Open work permit holders can change their employers and jobs.

Required Documents:
  • Resume & Passport First & Last Page (Also if there is any stamping on any Page)

  • Digital Photo (35*45mm White Backgrounds,80%Face).

  • School Leaving Certificate

  • Birth Certificate

  • 10th & 12th/Diploma Mark Sheets

  • UG/Bachelors: FY, SY, TY and Final Year Mark sheets & Degree Certificate

  • PG/Masters: (FY, SY) Mark Sheets & Degree Certificate

  • Latest or current employment (Offer Letter, Experience Letter, Salary Slips (Last 6 Months)

  • Offer Letter or Experience Letters of All Previous Employments

  • Income Tax Return for Last 3 Years

  • Marriage Certificate.

  • IELTS Scorecard

  • Bank Passbook.

  • Id Proofs (Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Voter Id).

  • Police Clearance Certificate (Report of Clean Criminal Record and Character).

135 views0 comments


bottom of page