top of page


IRCC introduced two pilot programs called the Home Child Care Provider and the Home Support Worker Pilot, for caregivers to work temporarily in Canada and to be able to apply for permanent residency. Through these pilot programs, you will be issued an open work permit which is occupation-restricted (i.e., you must work as a caregiver) and which allows you to obtain the necessary 24 months experience, to be eligible for permanent residency. Under this pilot program, your employer does not need to get a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).

A man and a woman discuss about work


For old-age person care

For child care

  • Qualifications- 1 year post-secondary diploma/ degree (any)

  • Experience- Minimum 2 years in a hospital as child care/ Junior school up to 4th grade


You can apply for these programs from inside and outside of Canada. If your application needs a job offer, your employer must complete the ‘Offer of Employment’ form and sign and include with your application You have to make sure that the application forms are completed correctly and all

supporting documents are included in your application. If the application is incomplete, it will be returned to you. We can help you put together a great application package, that will allow you to create a pathway to permanent residency.

To immigrate to Canada under this self-employed person program you must meet the following minimum requirements:

  • You must have 24 months of experience, working as a full-time child care provider or home support worker, within the last 36 months before the date of your application

  • You must demonstrate minimum language proficiency, and must obtain a minimum score of CLB 5 on an English language test

  • You must have completed post-secondary education

  • Qualifications- ANM, GNM, BSc Nursing

  • Experience- Minimum 2 years in a hospital as a Nurse


bottom of page